Monday, December 1, 2008

Overwhelmed, over tired, under appreciated

Ahhh! Parenthood- what a gift, what a blessing! How easy it is to forget that, in the midst of the exhaustion, the messes, the nagging, the whining, etc, etc, etc........ How easy it is to get caught up in the day-to-day struggle of raising children and housekeeping and to forget that God IS with us. Family life doesn't always feel like a path to holiness but instead often feels like running in circles and getting nowhere but weary!
I'm writing this in the midst of a day that has left me feeling overwhelmed, over tired, and under appreciated and it is not even dinnertime yet. On days like this (and sometimes it feels like MOST days are like this) it is so easy to be discouraged! I must remind myself (often), that it is on these days that God most wants us to turn to Him. Instead of yelling at my family and dumping my frustrations in their laps I need to turn to my Lord and allow Him to help me through it all. Now if only I could find a minute to spend some time with Him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...