Friday, May 22, 2009

Praising God

I once heard an interview with an atheistic scientist. He said something along the lines of," If God is real He sure keeps Himself hidden well!" I was struck by how sad, cynical, and most of all false his statement was. I suppose if one is not looking, it is possible to miss God at work in the world around us. But, ahhh with the eyes of faith one can see Him everywhere!
Thankfully, I have been called to a life of faith. God has lovingly bestowed upon me His beautiful gift of faith. It is a gift I believe He has for each of us. Some, apparently have chosen to reject it. I have humbly, though imperfectly, attempted to cultivate this gift. I am so grateful to have my faith to guide me through each day. It is my faith that helps me in my struggles and strengthens me in my challenges. I know, without a doubt, that God is here with me. I know that His love for me is endless and unconditional. I know that in my life, and in the world, all things work for good for those who love God (Romans 8:28).
My faith is surely a gift from God. And through it many other blessings come! I see God everywhere and everyday. My love for God is great and I am grateful to be able to share it with others so that no one will miss out on His goodness!
Why just today, I saw God every time I turned around. He was in the eyes of my children, as they shared with each other in their play, and as they helped each other in their work. I saw God in my husband, when he awoke at 5:30 am to go to work so he could fit in both of his jobs today to support us, and still have the evening to spend time with us! I saw God in my quiet time, filling my heart with contentment and peace. And He was there in the noise as my children goofed off and giggled while they should have been doing their school work. God is in the rain outside my window, nourishing the plants and animals, and in the sunshine that comes out afterward to dry and warm the land. He is in the Church where I went to pray, and in my heart as I headed home. In fact, I guess that is the key to seeing Him at all. God must be allowed to enter our hearts and once He does, He will truly be with us wherever we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...