Sunday, May 20, 2012

The prayer of a child

When our youngest son was just learning to pray we wanted to teach him to always thank God as well as to ask for His help.  After our quick "lesson" on prayer, our son bowed his head and said,
 "Dear Jesus, Thank you for the world.  Please help me with the hard stuff."  
 This became his nightly prayer for months and months.  Tim and I were impressed.  In fact, we have both found ourselves praying it upon occasion.  "Thank you for the world, please help me with the hard stuff" pretty much covers it all.   And it certainly does come in handy on those busy days when life gives us lots of "hard stuff" to deal with....

I am linking this post up with Favorite Prayer Share @ I blog Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...