Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tubes, trains, and automoblies



I love a good road trip.  It may sound crazy but piling into the car with my husband and our five kids really is fun for me.   There is just something incredibly cozy and comforting about having all the people I love most all squashed together in a little space on our way to someplace new and exciting. 

Last week, all seven of us climbed into the minivan and set off for the breath-taking Blue Ridge Mountains of north Georgia.  It was a nine hour drive that left us surrounded by the stunning glory of God’s beautiful creation.   We stayed in a remote mountain cabin that we had booked online but turned out to be absolutely perfect for us.  There was not another soul in sight and we had four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a hot tub all to ourselves for the week.  In addition to the awesome hot tub, there was an indoor fireplace and an outside fire pit and the woods and creek all around to give us the perfect mountain vacation.  What we didn't have was any access to the internet- but somehow, we didn't miss that at all!

We stayed six nights and had lots of adventures but honestly, I am still recovering from all the excitement and the thought of recording all our memories here sort of exhausts me.  I want to share our vacation experiences and I want to remember all the fun we had so I will get to it all in time, but for now……..here are a few pictures…. and a promise--- I will explain more on the “tubes” and the “train” as soon as I find the energy and motivation to document it all….  

Our cabin

Another view of our cabin

A beautiful mountain stream



At the Joyce Kilmer old growth forest

Amicalola Falls
We took about 270 more pictures than this but I won't bore you with ALL of them.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kari, the photos are stunning! I'm so glad you had such a great holiday - looking forward to reading your holiday posts!

    God bless:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky-

      The photos don't really do justice to God's beautiful creation but they do give an idea of the majesty. The mountains were so pretty I could have had a fabulous vacation just photographing it all. The kids would have gotten bored very quickly with that though!

      Hope you are doing well! Many blessings, Kari

      Delete
  2. Kari,

    Sounds like you had a very special time with your family. Did you write while you were away? We all kept a diary when we went on our last two holidays. It was hard to make ourselves take a few minutes each day to record our adventures, but now we are so glad we did. We love rereading our holiday diaries and reliving all the wonderful times we had together.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue-

      Believe it or not- I did not write a thing the whole time we were gone. I didn't even write postcards to friends like I intended too! That's why I really want to record it all now that we're back-- while it's still fresh in my mind.

      Instead of writing, I read 3 books from start to finish and relaxed in the hot tub every evening. Oh, and spent time just hanging out with my family, of course.

      It was all so nice but I AM glad to be back home and have access to my computer again! :)

      Blessings to you and yours, Kari

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...